Arunachal Siksha Vikas Samiti is a non-profit organisation, established in 1995 that works primarily in the domain of Education. Its primary office is in Naharlagun, Arunachal Pradesh.
1. Providing qualitative nationalistic education through 17 nos of coeducational schools in 12 districts of Arunachal Pradesh. These schools are located in remote interior villages of Arunachal Pradesh with low access to quality education In these schools, activities for the integrated development of the five aspects (five koshas) of human personality through the five core areas of Sharirik (Physical), Yog, Sanskrit, Sangeet (Music) and Naitik _Adhyatmik (Moral & Spiritual ) Education are effectively carried out.
2. Running 9 (nine) numbers of Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (KGBVs) in 2 (two) districts of Siang and East Siang districts of Arunachal Pradesh. These schools are exclusively residential and free Schools for girls under SSA aimed universalisation of elementary education. These 9 KGBVs run by Arunachal Shiksha Vikas Samti have evolved to be the best and model schools among the government projects in Arunachal Pradesh because of its quality education program in the lines of Vidya Bharati as well as the vocational and specific skill development programs conducted in these schools.
3. Providing academic and allied support to 5 (five) nos of Associated Schools in 3 districts of Upper Subansiri, Changlang and Namsai. Though directly not managed by the Samiti, these schools also follow the quality educational programs (scholastic and co-scholastic) of Vidya Bharati and bring out qualitative outcomes. The local management bodies of these schools are getting expertise regarding school administration from the Arunachal Shiksha Vikas Samiti.
4. Regularly organizing teacher_s quality enhancement programs like Teachers_ Training, workshops, etc. Arunachal Shiksha Vikas Samiti conducts Teachers Training camps of 10 day duration with at least 50 _ 60 teachers every year. Through these training camps, the Samiti imparts training to teachers in the areas of qualitative teaching learning methods, effective ways of evaluation, preparation of low cost/ no cost teaching aids, etc. More than 500 teachers have been effectively trained through these camps so far.
5. Annually organizing inter school sports, Science fests, literary and cultural competitions, Band Training, Personality Development camps, etc for students. In these separate events sports competitions like races, jumps (long jump & high jump), shot put and discus throw, games like kabaddi, volley ball, tug of war, archery etc are conducted and the hidden talents in those areas are traced and promoted. In the Science Fests under the Akhil Bharatiya Vigyan Mela scheme of Vidya Bharati, competitions among students are conducted at school level, cluster level and state level in the areas of science experimentation, exhibition, paper presentation, science quiz etc and the winners are awarded with prizes and promoted for higher level competitions. Similar efforts are being made through the Kala and Sanskritik Melas, etc in the respective fields.
6. Promotion of Girls Education has been one of the key areas of attention for the Vidya Bharati and Arunachal Shiksha Vikas Samiti as well. The Samiti has been following the Balika Shiksha karyakram of the Vidya Bharati in true spirit and organizing special programs like Balika Shivir (Girls_ Convention) Exhibition of Vocational and craft items prepared by girl students under the intervention of Balika Shiksha (Girls Education). Balika Sabhas and Matri Bharatis (Mothers_Councils) etc in the all schools.